Terminology Projects and Collaborations
Consult the concepts and terms of the ongoing project
Connect with the partners in the project
The Terminology Coordination Unit manages the terminology project dedicated to to fisheries, maritime safety and ships construction in partnership with universities and related international organisation. The number of collaborators can only grow with time.
Project Workflow and Stakeholders
- Termcoord or universities: terminology extracted from specialist corpus in a source language
- Universities: equivalents in different target languages, terminology sheets, ontological relations between concepts
- Experts from EU agencies, UN or other international organisations: project reviews
- EP terminologists: validation and inclusion in IATE
For the moment, the project YourTerm MARE consists of two areas:
- Fish names and commercial species
- Maritime safety and ships construction
The goal is to build glossaries of terms to enable commercial cooperation in this field and unambiguous multilingual communication among professionals of this sector.
As contribution of the European Institutions, the users will soon find in the Resource Centre, an interinstitutional project on the names of fish species in the EU legislation.