terminology projects and collaborations
Consult the concepts and terms of the ongoing project and connect with the partners in the project
The Terminology Coordination Unit manages the terminology project dedicated to culture in partnership with universities and related international organisation. The number of collaborators can only grow with time.
You can consult here the projects carried out by Universities and by Indivuals.
Project workflow and stakeholders
- Extracting terminology from specialised corpus in a source language
- Finding equivalents in different target languages, terminology sheets, ontological relations between concepts
- Reviewing the project by experts from EU agencies, UN or other international organisations
- Validation and including the terms in IATE by EP terminologists
For the moment, the project YourTerm Cult consists of two areas:
- European Capitals of Culture
- Museums and cultural institutions
The goal is to build a glossary of terms related to culture, to enable communication in clear language.
As contribution of the European Parliament, the users can find in the Resource Centre, a term extraction from the corpus made of all translations provided for the House of European History.
Find and use the relevant terminology resources.
Go back to the project CULT main page.